Discuss Online City & Guilds 17th Edition in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dufjax

Just been sent an email from NIC... Looks like you can now do the 17th edition course online.
Don't know if this includes the exam (Yes I know it's an online exam, from you own home is what I ment not a college)
It'll make it even easier for the 5 day wonders.. they won't even have to get out of bed lol

Here's the link the NIC sent me
City and Guilds 17th Edition (BS7671:2008)

Cheers
Jim

Are they also giving locations where you can take the exam without doint the course at that exam centre. Seems like a waste of money if you cant all you are doing is paying for two courses for one exam.

Chris

You have to take the exam at an accredited centre, not sure it's included in the price

The course cost is a bit steep though for an online course

I just read the
"When you get to the end, you will be presented with an assessment to check your understanding. Don't worry; you can take this test as many times as you need to pass. Our only concern is that when you have finished you are competent."

But I'm not sure if it relates to this course

I'm sure loads of this stuff will move to online soon 'cos it just makes it so much cheaper for them (hence more profit). In my view, there's no substitute for hands-on, being there and chatting to other delegates.

Reply to Online City & Guilds 17th Edition in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all Well, been putting it off, but I need to upgrade my 17th edition to the 18th. Not been a practising sparky for over 5 years, but I have...
Replies
Views
Returning to the trade and just done my 18th Edition update last week. Trying to make head or tail of new C+G qualifications and cross-ref to my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, i am a part qualified electrician with City&Guilds qualifications in domestic electrical installation looking for work in the...
Replies
Views
Good day to you all and thanks for taking the time to read this thread. The reason for it’s creation lies in a dark place where I’ve slowly...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock