Discuss OOps google chrome in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ferg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I'm still getting this message with annoying regularity.
What is more annoying is that when I do a search for oops google chrome and follow any of the links
I find that I get this message..

ferg, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I'm only trying to find a solution to a frustrating issue that I have.

Could someone please inform me how to deal with this.
I've cleared cookies and cache Etc.

It does seem to be happening a lot again.
I found that I was clear for a while after following the advice in the 'forum should be running fine now' thread (see below) but it does not seem to last:
If you have cleared cookies and cache then I would advise a post on the above thread and see if they can sort anything else.

Some more tips for you.

Try clearing the browser's cache and cookies. Follow these steps:

1. - Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
  2. - Select Tools.
  3. - Select Clear browsing data.
  4. - In the dialog that appears, select the "Empty the cache" and "Delete cookies and other site data" checkboxes.
  5. - Select beginning of time from the menu at the top to delete everything.
  6. - Click Clear browsing data.

Then if the problem still persists try this for me please?

Try clearing your Domain Name System cache.

1. - Type chrome://net-internals/#dns in the address bar.
  2. - Click Clear host cache.

That's very kind of you richard burns.
I've followed your instructions but I still get the same message

Yes ........... It's happening to me too - again! - and not "just" with Chrome. I also use Opera and that's suffering from the same issues but ONLY with this Forum I am on three other forums and they all work fine.

TBF Richard I re-read my last post and it looks as patronising as .......
It wasn't meant to be.

My apologies.
nevertheless I still get the error messages.
I still get the same error message in my OP when I search oops google chrome on this site

I've made a report in the Staffroom for Dan's attention.

I've used the "your feedback is required" linky thing at the top of the page.

Got a e-mail back suggesting I clear my cache etc ....................

Done that, re-booted PC, restarted browser ........ no difference - still the same.

computers must, therefore, be female. they don't do as you think they should: they are erratic and unpredictable. oh, shhot. they have a mind of their own, so obviously can't be female. what a paradox.

Reply to OOps google chrome in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net