Discuss Oops I did it again... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I had an Amazon gift voucher for me B.day and just simply could not resist so ordered a set of Bahco Ergo Slim Vde Screwdrivers

Seem quite nice but only time will tell how they hold up to abuse

So , I used the new BAhco Slim Drivers today and are nice to use , my only issue is the handles are very thin which means you would struggle to get a real good grip on them if you had a really stubborn screw to un-do

The handles on these are alright.

We probably should start a list of drivers for you to try.
I have those already

I have owned and tried almost every make and model of driver over the past 20 years

I have sold some of my sets on here and Ebay , but still probably have 10-15 sets I can use

I've bought a cheapish Minotaur interchangeable blade set recently, mostly because they had Torx drivers and I needed one, but I have to say I really like the handle - nice method of swapping blades that is pretty sturdy too.

I actually prefer them to the Wera/Draper and Wiha sets that I have

They seem to be a Toolstation own brand, so the main downside is not being able to replace bits in the future though - or get things like PZ/SL.

I've bought a cheapish Minotaur interchangeable blade set recently, mostly because they had Torx drivers and I needed one, but I have to say I really like the handle - nice method of swapping blades that is pretty sturdy too.

They seem to be a Toolstation own brand, so the main downside is not being able to replace bits in the future though - or get things like PZ/SL.
I got a set of those for when my daughter wanted to help. I was quite impressed with them.
My only (silly) complaint was if you keep them in the case you have to take every one out to find the one you need!
A set of coloured sharpies were soon used to decorate the end you can see!

I had one of those and absolutely abused it , it still works fine . now my dad has it so odd jobs round the house

I got lulled into buying a set of those the other day, used them twice so far and they don't seem too bad, quite comfortable and the blades don't feel too soft so far we will see!😄
At a tenner if they lasted 6 months they are a bargain

I got some of those workzone Aldi vde drivers ages ago for £4.99 and they are pretty good

So , I have tried the Bahco Ergo'slims for about a week now and to be honest I'm not the biggest fan
The handles are a bit skinny and you Dont get a very good grip on them especially if you have sweaty hand.
I will persevere for a bit longer with them but I probably will end up back with my Wiha drivers

They are nice drivers , I have used them for the past week or so But the handles are really slim which means you can't get much grip on them if your hands are sweaty

If I had to buy / use just one set of Drivers I would almost certainly use my Wiha set which I have had for years

They are nice drivers , I have used them for the past week or so But the handles are really slim which means you can't get much grip on them if your hands are sweaty

If I had to buy / use just one set of Drivers I would almost certainly use my Wiha set which I have had for years
like the wiha but what about the bits falling out when you are up a ladder? PITA. wera are far more secure.

Reply to Oops I did it again... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net