Discuss Opinions please an an observation I've made in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sparky Ninja

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I'm looking for some opinions on an observation I have made..

below are pictures to illustrate. This happens with the lightest effort whilst plugging something in.

Opinions please an an observation I've made IMAG0349 - EletriciansForums.net Opinions please an an observation I've made IMAG0350 - EletriciansForums.net

My opinion
Opinions please an an observation I've made {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

okay, yes obviously some glue is needed.

So would you actively fetch some glue for it?
What if you haven't got glue? Would you tell them and not code it?
Or code it?

okay, yes obviously some glue is needed.

So would you actively fetch some glue for it?
What if you haven't got glue? Would you tell them and not code it?
Or code it?
PVC cement will last five minutes before it is kicked off again.

Small self tappers where the box clips into the trunking, on one each corner should do the trick, or take the trunking to the nearest corner, wont need any Glue,self tappers, unless the idiot in the office the sockets will stay put.

Lol never mind, maybe my description wasn't clear. I wasn't asking how to fix it, I was asking more for what you would do if you found this on an inspection.. I understand it needs fixing, but how would you report it when it's like this.

If I were not going to fix it at the time then I would note it in the observations probably under a C3 and advise the users of the installation that care should be taken not to allow it to move as this could rapidly get more dangerous if the conductors work loose.
Probably feeling a bit of a fool as I recommend at least taping over the trunking until glue/a screw can be obtained.

Agree Code 3. Dado trunking end cap does not retain in place leaving access to single insulated conductors.

C3 improvement recommended -strain on conductors. If the double socket is done up tight this should not happen. It must also be putting strain on the equipment and plug top.

Reply to Opinions please an an observation I've made in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock