Discuss Optima alarm system problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have an Optima alarm which went off yesterday without any known reason when I have tried to reset it nothing at all is working.

The internal battery hasn’t been replaced for a number of years, could it be that this needs replacing and if so, is that all?

Thanks 5022050221

Have you tried removing the mains power and battery power?
This can sometimes reset faults. It may reset the codes back to factory settings so make sure you know them .

that is an old system . looks like had new battery 2012. power up, 0123 is the factory code. it may have reverted to this.Warrington is on my patch so if in trruble, i can fix,

Have you tried removing the mains power and battery power?
This can sometimes reset faults. It may reset the codes back to factory settings so make sure you know them .

Thanks, I haven’t tried anything yet so will give it a go. I’ll figure out he factory settings first, thanks for the warning.

Thanks, I haven’t tried anything yet so will give it a go. I’ll figure out he factory settings first, thanks for the warning.

The fountain of all knowledge (or @telectrix ) has said the factory code is 0123 in his post above.

power down mains and battery. power up, mains, then see if your code works. if not, then try 0123.once established, connect battery. if it goes ---- up then, it's the battery.

no problem. always about on here, always the bridesmaid, never the bride. then again, have been best man at a few weddings, and the best man gets the pick of the bridesmaides. why did i always end up with a dog?

answer.... a dog loves you forever, never answers back, does not nag, does not want new shoes every week, never moans when the toilet seat is up. and is quite content to live in an untidy house.

Have you just called your missus a dog?? :openmouth:
You're in trouble when you get home.... I'm tellin... Unless you buy me cheesecake...

on it's way by the fastest carrier pigeon in Cheshire. oops, Dick Dastardley just shot him down. so it's pigeon pie for me and no cheesecake for you.

Reply to Optima alarm system problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net