Discuss options for taking the 17th edition "online". in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

ayenotsobad

Hello I'm new to forum. I'm a 33 year old 16th edition electrician in UK.

I'm constantly working away from home but would like to take the 17th edition , has anybody had any joy with these
17th edition online courses. Seen a few advertised with online course notes and a physical exam date at a venue .

Based in north west while at home but in south west while at work.

Anyone had any success with anyone of these online trainers?...

Cheers ...

Welcome to the forum.

If you are already a trained 16th Edition electrician and you have the latest wiring regulations then you would be hard pressed to fail the 17th Edition exam.
Therefore if you have found a suitable online course, that suits you, I would say go for it.
The course will point out for you the specifics that you need to cover, and would hopefully identify the recent changes in the regulations; all this will guide you in the right direction to the wiring regulations and refreshing your knowledge of the requirements should be straightforward.
As it is an open book exam even if you were not sure you could look it up.

These online 17th ed. training packages also normally include online or downloadable software simulating the 'GOLA' multiple choice exam that you will sit at the test centre.

Buy the BGB. Try the simulated GOLA a number of times to become familiar with the screen layout and range of questions. Then you're good to go.....

And it's an open book exam as Richard says.

i was on 17th edition course 4 years ago. it was 3 days and most of it was about getting the info needed out the big green book accurately, in satisfactory amount of time.
i was completely fresh in uk regs (newcomer from abroad), out of 6 guys on the course 3 passed 3 not (and those who not were old school 16th and older edition sparks)

online may be the same, finding stuff in the book, if you get it right you will pass.

(edited: red book it was those days)

Reply to options for taking the 17th edition "online". in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock