Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss options for workshop supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

just wondering what people would think would be the best way of doing this.

i have got to provide a supply up to a workshop in a garden (about 80 mtrs from the house). it will run underground all the way and then in the subfloor of the house that is currently being worked on all the way to the db.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
S

Squid

What will the cable be supplying in the workshop, a single light and a double socket or a lathe and other heavy duty equipment?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The consumer is a fan of landrovers and that will be his garage for it. so there will be possibility of welders, grinders, lathes etc
i was thinking of putting the supply on 40amp mcb

80 metres is a substantial distance , will require a proper calculation imo

You could be looking at a 40a c curve mcb to prevent tripping

Charlie_

-
Arms
Tns?
I would ask for a duct to be laid from the house to the garage with a rope inside.
Pull through a 3 core 16mm swa and also a cat6 cable..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks everyone-
the current supply is tns
i was thinking of laying a duct then pulling through some double insulated 16mm through and a 10mm through for earth.

ruston

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Due to the location heating may be a fair consideration of the loading , but I can just see a nice pot bellied stove. :)

T

The Ghost

I get 10.08 vd on 16mm² and 6.3 vd on 25mm they can carry 78A and 99A respectively assuming 0.7 m. depth and so on. Personally SWA for me.

T

Toneyz

It seems like he is going to be using this garage on a semi-professional bases/serious hobby/past time. Full due consideration needed especially if he has other enthusiast mates helping also using equipment plus the possibility of some heating/water heater. How big is this workshop?

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to options for workshop supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom