Discuss options to get some work in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pete3

I hope this is the right place for this post so here are the details.

I have recently qualified and hoping to get my Part P scheme assessment in a few weeks and have started my own business, i am looking for some advice on a job i have just been to look at. I have walked away from the job but wondered what are the options i could give the owner and then they may give me the work.

The job was to complete a part rewire that consisted of downstairs sockets, kitchen sockets, cooker downstairs lights, smokes and c/heating room thermostat and testing/certification.
All the circuits are in first fix and cable runs have been plastered over.

The work so far had been carried out by someone who was recently qualified and for various reasons is now unable to work. I am told he was going to use an independant tester to test but am not sure if the tester was going to certify. I also do not know if the work was notified to LABC the owner is not sure. The owner also says she has got photographic evidence of cable runs before plastering.

I suggested the owner gets a building notice put in and get LABC to come out and look at it in first fix and see what they say. i did notice there was no main bonding to water and gas and told the owner they should get that sorted pdq. If i was going to do the work i said i would need to rip out what was there and start again and inform LABC. This is how it was left but i would like some suggestions on my options to try and get some work out of it.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Pete

The only thing you can do is either..

Get on and finish it and notify it as your own, although that carries some risk or...

speak to LABC and see if they will accept a PIR for completion of the works, giving the reasons as you have above.

Reply to options to get some work in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net