Discuss Ordered myself some new toys today in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

MFS Electrical

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
:mad:Here’s one for all you tool tarts like myself. I seem to be liking Dewalt more and more these days.....
Ordered myself some new toys today 18B91374-F99B-4CF0-A2E9-46B82025F63F - EletriciansForums.net
a wise investment if I do say so myself since I have about 1million dewalt batteries somehow :eek:
Was very impressed with the combi drill in this kit had it for years before it burnt out but I ended up back with my trusty old makita. snapped up a combi for a bargain and burnt the motor out just over a year later:mad:
Well this is the replacements :D

We found we were getting a lot of problems with DeWalt, mainly the trigger controls. We went over to Makita and loved them. I know it's a small thing but being able to make the chargers play different tunes would make it easier to know whose battery was fully charged. Then came the job change and now we have Bosch :(

Not a fan of DeWalt . But I love a kit . What price did you get it for
I got these and some hand tools thrown in for 260+vat same kit on amazon at 299.99 inc vat
I did ok considering the tools were about 50+vat
I won’t even tell you where I got them cause you won’t believe me :p ;);)

Every time the Makita plays the ‘finished’ tune I pick up my Nokia 3110 but no one ever phones me! not even my mother!
Nice kit OP - I’ve built up Bosch because of all the batteries I’ve amassed!

I’m talking myself into an impact driver and a mulititool as well:p never really thought I needed an impact till I took a punt on a cheapo from Aldi - impressed to say the least so time to make it official and get myself the Dewalt ones the multi tool I have is 240 so not ideal if you want to start using it on site at the same time the CU is getting changed :eek:

You also dont hear as much about Makita these days, it was dewalt then makita seemed to make a big leap, bosch didnt seem popular then Bosch and dealt seem to be the front runners again.
Milwaukee seems quite popular as well although i can't offer an opinion as I've never used it.
Oh and Hilti seems to have gone out of fashion a bit, which is strange as they were considered one of the best.

I think both hilti and Milwaukee are overpriced for what they are
Makita are excellent but I’ve always felt them to be lacking either in weight or performance Bosch and dewalt on the other hand I’ve always used and never had a problem with apart from the last combi drill self destructing just over a year later :mad: when I was an apprentice I got a full dewalt XRP kit with the circ saw jig saw recip saw torch and drill still have them to this day the batteries unfortunately let them down far too quickly. I’m looking into adaptors at the moment to allow the old gear to run on new batteries

The name has to keep you with it - if it fails, you walk unless you do have a hundred batteries then you grin and bear it.
Some brands are too expensive but it’s like anything spend a lot and it lasts.
I’d like a bunch of Hilti tools but it’s not going to happen unless it’s second hand and then you dont know it’s origin or whether it’s had a good life.
Buy it, use it and look after it.

I think both hilti and Milwaukee are overpriced for what they are
Makita are excellent but I’ve always felt them to be lacking either in weight or performance Bosch and dewalt on the other hand I’ve always used and never had a problem with apart from the last combi drill self destructing just over a year later :mad: when I was an apprentice I got a full dewalt XRP kit with the circ saw jig saw recip saw torch and drill still have them to this day the batteries unfortunately let them down far too quickly. I’m looking into adaptors at the moment to allow the old gear to run on new batteries

I use Milwaukee but have never really noticed it being much more than other similar specced models of other brands really. All about the shopping around though.

Very good value I'm finding though. My batteries from my first Milwaukee tool are 7 years old now and are still performing well. I've had only one repair needed in 7 years over all my tools, and that was only £50 including parts, labour, and VAT.

Every time the Makita plays the ‘finished’ tune I pick up my Nokia 3110 but no one ever phones me! not even my mother!
Do you know you can alter the tune? Plug the battery onto the charger then unplug it. Each time you do that the tune will change. From what I remember there around 4 tunes.
Do you still use a 3110? They were the good old days when a charge would last for days :)

I just splashed out on new Dewalt kit too.

I absolutely love it.

Got this lot form buyaparcel.

I've left the prices in for those that were wondering how much MFS paid for his.

Dewalt DCK276P2T 18v XR G2 Brushless DCD996 Combi Drill and DCF887 Impact Driver Twin Pack with 2 x 5.0ah Batteries, Charger and TStak Box £299.99

Dewalt DCL040 XR 18v Torch Li-Ion Cordless Pivot Work Light Job Light – Bare Unit £25.99

Dewalt DCH273P2 Cordless XR 18v SDS Brushless Hammer Drill 3 Mode – 2 x 5.0Ah Batteries, Charger, Tstak Case £344.99

Dewalt DCS355N 18v XR Cordless Brushless Oscillating Multi Tool Bare Unit with 35 Accessories, Tstak Case £137.99

Dewalt DWST1-71195 TSTAK VI Deep Tool Storage Case Heavy Duty 23L £29.99

Do you know you can alter the tune? Plug the battery onto the charger then unplug it. Each time you do that the tune will change. From what I remember there around 4 tunes.
Do you still use a 3110? They were the good old days when a charge would last for days :)
Forgive me but I don’t use a 3110, I used this for comic effect. That was my first phone though and I do joke when the Marita plays the tune!

Hi - hope its open mic night here and not limited to battery powered? This week saw me move into high fashion with my new Veto manbag.

View attachment 47591
You’d better hide that toffee hammer from the ‘real sparks’ - I used to get a right pounding for having one - good that I didn’t care, I guess!
My fave hammer for clipping flat cables.

Reply to Ordered myself some new toys today in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock