Discuss Other Trades Persons in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Reading thread just now reminded me of a job I helped my Lad out on, we were wiring some down lighters, anyway we got to the jobsite ealy to make a start, about 09:30 this Muppet turned up, no introduction, nothing but "how much longer youse goin to be ere matey" all day we replied with that he upped and fox trot oscared, well the project manager ( he was a first class ********) gave us a right testicling "who were we to throw someone off site, too dumfounded to reply Prat. Which brings me to another episode with a tiler (wall tiler that is) we had our tools stored out of the way, and this pillock turns up sets his cutter out and immediately filled the tool bag up with ceramic tile dust ( another pillock) Has anyone else had any blatantly uncaring mishaps with other trades. I f it didn't mean my Lad would have gotten into trouble with the PM I would have hsd a go, but calm down Pete it ain't worth it, is it???:behead:

A plasterer seemed to follow me from job to job for weeks. He used to take some sort of pleasure in filling my boxes up with his filth, I pulled him about it and he said he'd stop but didn't.
I lost my rag one day, he'd left a wall ready for a final polish with all my boxes filled yet again so I raked my fingers all over his work looking for them. It looked like artex by the time I'd finished.
He went spare but learnt his lesson

Had an impatient painter once on a job. We were wiring lighting in the communal areas. We had multiple blocks of flats to do and the decorators were only to enter a block after we'd done our bit (we had a tight schedule to keep and were always on track). One of the decorators entered my block one day and started painting a block early without permission. I lost my rag when I leant against one of his painted walls. So I used a newspaper to scrub in a circular motion over all the walls he had just finished. Let's just say he didn't enter a block with me still in it again lol

Bar new build, last working day on site as it was opening at 7pm that night. About 3pm bar staff came in to stock up the fridges and set the bar up as the cleaner started their job. "Hang fire, where are all my tools gone?" A cleaner told me that the owner told them to move everything out of the bar!!!!

Toolbox, 2 x drills, MFT, certs all missing! As I approached the owner he spoke first and asked when everything will be on? Told him once all of my gear is back in the room which we are working in AND I mean every screwdriver, drill bit and every small part of my testing equipment or a bill will be going into him. Nothing is going to be turned on and it will be dark in about an hour! Find my gear NOW. (I did throw my dummy out of the pram lol).

Every person got told to get everything back in the room and the full site stopped until I checked that nothing was missing. All I needed to do was a couple of Zs's, took longer to find my gear than to finish off the job. Golden rule, never touch another mans tools.

I turned my back on a site once and the idiot of a painter saw fit to help himself to a driver out of my bag and open a tin of paint with it , I gave him what for , ,

I turned my back on a site once and the idiot of a painter saw fit to help himself to a driver out of my bag and open a tin of paint with it , I gave him what for , ,

Doing DIY painting myself these past couple of weeks and the wife did the same with one of my VDE's.... Not impressed but what can you do??? Who else will wash my clothes???

Unless they are there to play with the wiring they are not welcome!

i personally dislike plumbers, all IMHO got a chip on should've and attitude, think they rule the place, I get comments like I could teach you a think it two, you have a lot to learn or, you just left school? You new to this?

i am 32 but have a baby face you see. One plumber put his heater I front if my socket, knob. He blamed it on me.

Everyone seems to have this attitude thing like you're not welcome and your in there way.

Unless they are there to play with the wiring they are not welcome!

i personally dislike plumbers, all IMHO got a chip on should've and attitude, think they rule the place, I get comments like I could teach you a think it two, you have a lot to learn or, you just left school? You new to this?

i am 32 but have a baby face you see. One plumber put his heater I front if my socket, knob. He blamed it on me.

Everyone seems to have this attitude thing like you're not welcome and your in there way.
Are you drunk? :)

Interesting, are you sure you didn't put a socket where the plan showed a radiator going. Or possibly in the one sensible location for a radiator to be located.

Personally I get on fine with most other trades, plenty if banter and **** taking all round!

Even our trade is a microcosm of the world at large, some sparks are assholes most are fine. Exactly the same applies to all other walks of life.

I went back to a property to do the second fix and radiators had been installed over all the upstairs bedroom sockets, that had been plastered in!

Luckily I had been paid for all materials and time on the first fix so just walked away.......

And when you’re in charge of the job, how do you view the other trades then?

You may despise them, unfortunately you need them.

I tend to find its not the other trades who are the problem, but the people who draw up the plans and put sockets behind radiators etc, or set the trade times to clash so you're trying to plumb/wire/install a stair case at the same time and just getting in each others way all day.

It's the plasterers and dry liners that sometimes make my blood boil sometimes, last job we were on there were a few crossed words let's say! But it's not fair to tar them all with the same brush, the ones we had problems with were a gang of 3 subbies brought in to push the job along - they didn't. As for coordination, everyone needs to be working together and to the program of works, but that never happens does it!

Reply to Other Trades Persons in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock