Discuss Ottermill in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparks1234

-
Arms
Reaction score
Did a PIR on offices today, they had an old Ottermill dis board, the main switch had no covers over the terminals and the busbars between the breakers had no covers either, anyone got any experience of these old boards and whether they ever did have them. What code on the PIR would you put on the test sheet.Open to opinion before I write the test sheet up

sparks those boards did have a busbar cover normally a little black one. And the MCBs had liilt flashguards at the side. The busbars had clipon covers.
They are redundant boards and it will be impossible to get any parts. A for the codes i would class 1 it as there is damage to equipment desighn which may affect the integrity of the D.B

Would also suggest code 2 but recommend to client to replace as have had the main isolator to the board short between phases when operated makes a big flash and bang and stain in pants.

Marksparks i went looking for 10,20,32 A ottermills a few months ago and ended up on Ebay to get them The only time they seem to be available is when a board is stripped out and the sparks puts them on ebay (going rate £10 singe phase £20 3 Phase).

Reply to Ottermill in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views
Daughter has bought a house and it has a home security system, G-Tag setup. Issue is the alarm panel displays are pixelated and you cant see...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
Hi! Some help would be appreciated! I've just moved into new house, wanting to check insulation resestance etc as getting some nuisance...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock