Discuss our system over 12 mth period in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
We have had this system installed over 12 mths now

its Samsung 247w x 16 & Solar edge

Southampton / south facing at 45 angle

june / july where porr mths for that time of year so If we had a decent summer I know this system would of hit the 4000 kwh mark

it as produced 3840 kwh so still above the SAP but we wanted more SEE LINK BELOW

SolarEdge

scroll to bottom to see yearly

Is it the 45 degree angle that is affecting that one MEP ELEC? Seems a bit down for August so far, thought the south coast was having better weather than us poor northerners this month?

Mmm interesting we're at the opposite end of the country, have an ESE facing roof with Sharp mono and SB400tl almost at the end of it's second year and we've generated 207kwh in August so far. I'm still to be convinced that Solar Edge is worth the money.

Dunno if it's the solar edge or not SRE but in Merseyside and we are on 238kWh so far up to right now. I have someone in the same post code as me on pvOutput who also has a 4kW system using a SB4000tl and our generations are matching each other almost day for day except since mine was installed I am 10% higher. I suppose some of it could be that their panels are a year old but then I am SSW and they are South both with no shade.

Can't prove it but something is making the difference. Maybe it's the panels?

I think the 45 might be somthing to do with it but this is our oldest system with solar edge so I use this all the time .

this system as produced 248 kwh this mth so thats more than yours SRE I know your a year older.

Scotland seems to be kicking --- on the solar edge systems to me always good results all year round.

cooler air I think

this system as produced 248 kwh this mth so thats more than yours SRE I know your a year older.

I must be looking at the wrong thing - when I click on the link it's showing August 2012 204.472kwh, what did I do wrong :)

It's ok - I've looked at so many figures this month I'm completely boggled with them myself. I've gone through more of the figures though and compared them with mine and ours are better going backwards until about March and your system clearly out performs ours through the winter months.

Hello, I am just outside Southampton on the south coast and have a shallower roof of about 30 degrees. It is a 3.75kw system and has produced 254kWh until yesterday. It is facing just off south but interesting to see that it is significantly higher. It has 15 Sanyo HIT 250 panels fitted to an SMA 4000tl.

This installation is shaded on two panels on left side by a dormer window , so this might also be a why its slightly down but thats why we used solar edge if I used SMA or a DUAL MPPT it would of well underperformed.

If I could upload pictures Id show you the roof but the forum still got an image upload bugg

Reply to our system over 12 mth period in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock