Discuss Outdoor Housing of Battery and Inverter - advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have run out of viable space (that Mrs will let me use) to house my inverter and battery for when my solar arrives next month (GivEnergy). So have been looking at alternatives. Originally looked at stainless steel and GRP kiosks but that was going to cost me nearly £1500.

So now i am thinking just making a 2m x 1m x 0.4m wooden box with a plywood mounting plate and doors to house this and sit in my front yard in the corner. Insulate it for the cold months. The drive is north facing so hardly gets any sun.

Has anyone done this in their system? i was a bit sceptical of using wood but i reckon it should be ok as long as its pressure treated, can brave the elements and was thinking of putting a rubber roof on it.....

Any thoughts if this is viable and also safe ?

Any space available in the loft?
Hi James, did you sort out the issue of where and how?
I built a cupboard outside which I then plasterboarded completely as well as insulated it. It has been running for some time now and I found the batteries were getting a bit cool ovenight so I built a seperate cover out of celotex boards over the batteries and added a low power greenhouse heater to keep the compartment at about 15-17 deg C just so the Pylontech's did not get too cold. Regards tonyboy

Reply to Outdoor Housing of Battery and Inverter - advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So, I already have solar (an older FITS installation) and it's been particularly successful so I want to extend this. I'd like to do two things at...
Replies
Views
I know it's not neat, but can I simply run a single extension cable from a small (3KVA) petrol, portable, inverter generator, positioned outside...
Replies
Views
We had a PV/battery system was fitted in late May, and measurements showed it was working very well, but then a few weeks ago the old meter...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have two almost identical circuits of outdoor 12v lighting setup in my garden, each running off a separate 20W 240v-12v transformers...
Replies
Views
M
Hi All. I am new to this forum. I am a sparky whom has been largely out of the trade for 20 years, with the exception of the odd little job for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock