Discuss Outdoor single flush mounted back box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Colour Republic

Anybody know if these are available???

Putting a number of outdoor sockets which the standard surface mounts are fine but I need something flush mouted (single) to house a sound system module keypad, as it's going half way up the wall and would look awful in the postion it needs to be mounted. The modules fit in a 65mm single backbox normally and are only powered by cat5 but still they are pricey so needs to be water tight.

So anybody know if you can get flush mouted exterior boxes?? If not I can see me converting one:sad3:

Only ones that spring to mind are the flush-mounted outside lights that are brick-sized and fit into brick walls - those are weatherproof and might be more adaptable to what you want?

PJ

sadly that won't work mate as i need to fix a standard size face plate to it.the closest i've found is for a caravan but again it won't take a standard single face plate. I'm begining to think i'm am going to have to mod a normal exterior back box and invovle some silicone :(

If you are changing the front plate then you are going to have different sealing methods and lose the IP rating anyway. I can't really see this working at all.

If your faceplate is rated for outdoor use then if you use a standard flush box and make sure it is sealed around the faceplate joint then this may be OK, there is little chance of water getting to the back of a flush box buried in plaster, etc.
Alternatively you could sink an Ip box like this Outdoor single flush mounted back box 25211 - EletriciansForums.netinto the wall but this would mean a large cutout and probably look worse than a surface mount box.

Edit: wish these pictures would compress to thumbnails!

Reply to Outdoor single flush mounted back box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock