Discuss Outdoor socket advice in the Screwfix Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I'm looking for advice regarding fitting a socket outdoors in my shed. I want to run a small led light and a small airbrush compressor from the socket. The total power consumption of the compressor is 100w and the light is 28w. Would I be allowed to attach a plug so that I can simply plug into a socket in the house and use swa cable above ground to the shed and attach the socket in the shed for connecting the light and compressor, or is this breaking any rules and regulations? I would of course use a suitable waterproof enclosure/junction box to connect the swa cable both at the house and shed end. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to Outdoor socket advice in the Screwfix Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net