Discuss Outdoor Socket + Lighting Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone can advise me if i can do the following. I just want the wiring to be neat and tidy and not have so many outside, also happy to hear your recommendations of course!

RCD FCU to Outdoor Double Socket using 2.5mm >

From Outdoor Socket to another FCU with 3amp fuse to Connect to some 240V Spike Lights >

The Spike Lights chained to each other 6x Spike Lights in total using LED Bulbs 5-10W each.

Like pc1966 said just re fuse a plug, doing it the way you outline: obviously you'll test the circuit for suitability in line with the current bs7671 requirements to ensure safe disconnection times are met and perform the required tests on the RCD... Or... Just use a plugtop with a 3 amp fuse (could be a bigger fuse btw it's cable size dependant).

Reply to Outdoor Socket + Lighting Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey guys, looking for a bit of advise on the installation of an outside light. I plan on chasing out the plasterboard and running a cable from a...
Replies
Views
Hi The ground floor of my house has two lighting circuits which are each protected by an MCB. One of those circuits is just indoor lights. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a basic DIY'er, with basic electrical skills, NB, I can change a plug/fuse, change a ceiling light fitting, change a socket face plate...
Replies
Views
Our electrician inexplicably wired outdoor floodlights attached to side of house over driveway as "always hot", no switch. We don't want them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Get Bank Holiday Ready with our lighting deals! For this week only, we are offering unmissable deals on garden lighting, as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock