Discuss Outlets out. breaker not tripped in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So after turning on a shop vac, the lights and outlets in the room went out. No breaker or gfci have been tripped. I also am not 100% sure what breaker this string of outlets is even on. I cant trace it without making holes in the walls. Asnyone have any ideas or had a similar problem?

So after turning on a shop vac, the lights and outlets in the room went out. No breaker or gfci have been tripped. I also am not 100% sure what breaker this string of outlets is even on. I cant trace it without making holes in the walls. Asnyone have any ideas or had a similar problem?
look for the breaker that has tripped, sorry forgot the note about the trip not tripped, difficult to see if it aint tripped sorry my bad

Last edited:
Either something has gone BANG! in the cable run somewhere, you have power from another non-obvious breaker board, or those circuits had a fuse or similar to feed them from another circuit (don't know about the USA, but we have Fused Connection Units that are used for this sometimes).

Is it normal in the USA to have lights and sockets on the same breaker? In the UK that would be a big no-no.

Either something has gone BANG! in the cable run somewhere, you have power from another non-obvious breaker board, or those circuits had a fuse or similar to feed them from another circuit (don't know about the USA, but we have Fused Connection Units that are used for this sometimes).

Is it normal in the USA to have lights and sockets on the same breaker? In the UK that would be a big no-no.
Megawatt may be about soon, sure he will come up with an answer.

You have to have a GFCI receptacle down stream tripped or a breaker. Do not start cutting holes in the walls. Is this in your house or a utility building?
[automerge]1592434274[/automerge]
You have to have a GFCI receptacle down stream tripped or a breaker. Do not start cutting holes in the walls. Is this in your house or a utility building?
Maybe you have a bad or loose connection in your wiring on that circuit, maybe a neutral issue It can only be a few things that could do that but not in the walls

Reply to Outlets out. breaker not tripped in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net