Discuss Outside building in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kzzam

I am working on a cattery at the mo and having powered up, the customer has now had an isolation pen built. I have a spare way in the main board as it is nearer to the house than it is to the main cattery. Can I use 2.5mm buried for 1.5m and clipped direct for the remaining 15m. I need to power up a small 160w heater, 2 18w led lamps and a double socket. Can I put 2 socket outlets and spur off each one for the lights or would I then need 4mm as it constitute a radial. Power wise and volt drop 2.5mm should cover it. I have been told 2.5mm is fine but it is for my first assessment to get registered and I want to be 100%.

I am working on a cattery at the mo and having powered up, the customer has now had an isolation pen built. I have a spare way in the main board as it is nearer to the house than it is to the main cattery. Can I use 2.5mm buried for 1.5m and clipped direct for the remaining 15m. I need to power up a small 160w heater, 2 18w led lamps and a double socket. Can I put 2 socket outlets and spur off each one for the lights or would I then need 4mm as it constitute a radial. Power wise and volt drop 2.5mm should cover it. I have been told 2.5mm is fine but it is for my first assessment to get registered and I want to be 100%.

Spuring off sockets for lights is noway to go at all....

When you say buried do you mean 2.5m Twin and earth?

Seen as this is an advise forum I shall listen to SMB.....

You have one spare way.....as pointed out by Paul you should run SWA from that spare way into a new CU. If not RCD protected at original DB, RCD protect at this CU. For 2 sockets you want it on a radial...16amp MCB and a 6 amp MCB for lights.

I don't know if you would class a cattery the same as livestock but I would read reg 705.522 or the whole of section 705 if this is for an assignment. Good luck.

Reply to Outside building in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net