Discuss outside light installation & armoured in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

aaelectric

HI was wandering what cert you would issue for installing outside lights. Power is already in place. any may want to add some swa to it to extend? cheers

When you say outside lights, do you mean garden lighting or lights attached to the outside wall?

Lights attached to the wall are not notifiable unless they are on a new circuit or fed from a circuit in a kitchen etc.

Garden lighting is notifiable because it is a special installation.

With regards to which cert. to use, if it is a new circuit then use an EIC. If it is an addition to an existing circuit then a MWC will suffice.

its gardens lights led in decking, and maybe some armoured clipped to wall and the spiked spotligths around garden
So is any outside light notifiable like a sercurity light or a porch light??

If the light is fixed to the house wall and is not a new circuit or from a notifiable circuit and there are no exposed external junctions then you do not need to notify. If it is an outside socket fixed to a house then you do need to notify.

Reply to outside light installation & armoured in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm wondering if it's permitted to replace an outside wall light myself if I use the existing wiring from the old light. In theory I just...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a log cabin in my garden. An electrician ran an armoured cable from my consumer unit to the log cabin and this terminates on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock