Discuss outside light tripping rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Megger lighting circuit. L-e short found cable its the switch wire for outside light.

Opened fitting no water present.

Disconnected fitting it clears. The cable is not shorting to the plate or any kind of pressure fault

If i disconnect light it clears.

Its a bulkhead fitting with 2 8w florescent lamps.

With power on and switch off circuit is fine. Turn switch on it trips.

Help please

L-E Fault?

What type of cable is going to the unit and is it exposed to the elements in any way?

Are there any signs that could indicate that the cable is damaged within the concealed part of the sheath that only creates the fault when bent into the connector block? (disconnection takes away strain imitating a fault free cable?

Where are you running the test from?

I find it hard to believe that just a standard bulkhead unit could be the cause of this issue when the cable connections are so basic?

Is this a fault you have been called to rectify or a unit you have installed that is causing issues?

I presume the cpc is connected in the correct place at the unit? :thumbsup

:thumbsup

Running ir test from cu. a fault to rectify getting lights back on a they didnt know what was causing it. I will further investigate when its not so heavy rain ive disconnect it just now

so's his client.

- - - Updated - - -

so's his client.

Reply to outside light tripping rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Wondering if you could offer some advice please. I carried out a small outdoor lighting project today at a commercial property. 4 lights...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a home lighting circuit 6A RCBO provides power to 13 bulbs which randomly keeps tripping, when I say randomly it keeps...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have a 120v 20 amp circuit to an accessory dwelling with a run of about 75' of direct bury #12. The breaker keeps tripping even when...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
So was on a call out today and cooker circuit kept tripping the RCD. Disconnected at the board and at the cooker switch and IR’d the cable and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock