Discuss Outside lighting problems in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jord35davies

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys,
wired up some outside lights today and had a bit of a problem with running a feed down from the lights to a switch.
Any suggestions?

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
W

wayne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
more information, are you talking about wiring route ,or a circuit problem ?

J

jord35davies

Hi,
thanks for your reply's it was a circuit problem but i've solved it i hope. I ran the outside lights off a fused switched spur and that solved it. The circuit kept tripping when i dropped a switched live down to a switch from the light.

R

rumrunner

Hi,
thanks for your reply's it was a circuit problem but i've solved it i hope. I ran the outside lights off a fused switched spur and that solved it. The circuit kept tripping when i dropped a switched live down to a switch from the light.
Hi
Why was it tripping in the first instance,thats the question:confused:

W

wayne

as rum said

C

Cirrus

As Rum & Wayne said - bit peculiar:confused:

J

jord35davies

anyway it's sorted now dont worry too much about it. thanks for your reply's

W

wayne

sounds like your'e hiding something ;what did you f**k up:confused::D

J

jord35davies

Re: Outside shed problems

Need a bit of advice on this one,
I need to supply a 4 way consumer unit in a block shed from the main consumer unit in the house.

The supply from the four way db will be powering 10 double sockets, 2 lights and 3 outside lights.

What size SWA would I need to use and if I install a ring in the block shed would it be ok to use a 32 amp breaker as the supply to the shed will be running on a 20 amp breaker iin the house?

T

tony.towa

First thing I would say is that if you are installing ten double sockets there must be a reason in which case a twenty amp supply is not likely to be adequate.
As for a 32amp breaker downstream of a 20 amp, this will not give you any discrimination and the 20amp will trip at the source before the local 32amp in the building.
If the building is outside the equipotential zone, which it sounds like it is, you will also need RCD protection.
My advice is to establish the maximum load, ensure a suitable supply is available and then work out what parts and cable you need.
Take it steady:confused:

Reply to Outside lighting problems in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom