Discuss Outside lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 3 headed victorian light for my garden, looks quite an old 1 in my opinion due to the colour of the conductor cables. Can anyone tell me please how to wire this up so it comes on. Does this light work of a switch, or can I put a plug on the end of this, I have an outdoor power socket already, how does my power get to this? Also can this light work of a transformer and maybe just plug it in to my outside socket already?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 20200402_154600.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200402_154542.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 27
Welcome to the forum mate.
What lamps are fitted to this? Voltage and wattage should be on the lamps.
I wouldn't fit flat cable into a plug. They are not designed for it.
I presume there is a bottom to the light, to hide the connections?
Can you take a few pics of the light fully assembled.
Why are you asking about a transformer?

Welcome to the forum mate.
What lamps are fitted to this? Voltage and wattage should be on the lamps.
I wouldn't fit flat cable into a plug. They are not designed for it.
I presume there is a bottom to the light, to hide the connections?
Can you take a few pics of the light fully assembled.
Why are you asking about a transformer?
HI mate, yes will take more pics in the morning and upload them to you, will also check voltage and amp as well. Yes light is around 7 ft tall, connections all in top end of light with cable running all the way down the inside of pipe body to bottom. Just a guess really on using a transformer, in case of to much power needed to light up. I'll keep u posted mate. Thanks

Also depending on cable run from the 7ft light to the house, it might be better to use armoured cable.
Let us know where this light is being installed and the suggested cable route.

That cord grip needs attending to as well. Flex would be better in that situation, maybe joined to some armoured cable in a suitable joint box.

Reply to Outside lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net