Discuss outside lights and sockets in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i have completed a wall and patio for my sister
i was going to progress with the electrical work myself
but been told NOT TO
so taken heed to wise words
i have now contracted 9 local electricians
for a price not one reply as yet
so my are plans are installing 8 outside lights and 5 outside socket one for a water feature
i have already bought 100M 1.5mm 3 core SWA cable and 100M 2.5mm 3 core SWA cable
i could be waiting weeks or months for an electrician to call so can i run all the cable
and make all the connections to the fitting lights and sockets
i was a builder went int fitting kitchens and bathrooms moved and installed many sockets over the years so quick happy in doing all the work so if a electrician call he can check all my connections
i also want to install a garage CU at back of house so i can run all the swa cable to this unit
but leave the connections to a electrician i`m burying the cables so i will have to leave all the tee`s connections uncovered for him to inspect
would this be OK
thanks Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to outside lights and sockets in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I'm wondering if it's permitted to replace an outside wall light myself if I use the existing wiring from the old light. In theory I just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
I have a spa bath, with lights, pump and lights are straight plugged into mains with 2C+E for pump, there is an additional ground wire on metal...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a DIY'er looking to build a 6x8 shed in my backyard in Colorado. I'm installing a gravel pad first, with 4 concrete Sonotube...
Replies
Views
Hi, recently moved. We have an outside socket that doesn’t work, I checked the wire connections,. Just want to know if this looks correct, the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock