Discuss Outside lights dusk till Dawn pulsing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Newsome3

Hi

Job from hell!!!
Been called to some dusk till dawns that are faulty
When first went 2 were pulsing on and off and one was fine. Found a dodgy bit of cable between 2 of them so changes that and check are set correctly for dusk till Dawn and also installed 2 new 26w 4pin lamps into them so all bases are covered
Well just got a bell from client again saying 2are working and one is still pulsing!!!! WTF!!!!!!
Any ideas lads cost he's adent it's not a faulty fitting

Cheers

The light from one lamp falling on the sensor of another?
Try covering the sensor with some black insulation tape and see if the light stays on.

Once went to a job where some numpty had put a NEMA photocell 1m below a 70W Metal Halide flood....

Simon.

It's late and I'm tired so I'll keep this sort mate.

If the cable is fine, the supply is fine, the lamps are fine what else could it be regardless of what the owner says? The sensor! As above cover it up and see what happens, then tell the owner he needs some new photo cells.

Reply to Outside lights dusk till Dawn pulsing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Customer wants a Dusk 'til Dawn only 50W+ flood light. Currently he has the normal stand alone photo cell with a standard LED flood but is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
Hey - so here is a connundrum! I installed a 5-bulb ceiling light (see pic) but when I put the 4w LED bulbs in, they start making a very rapid...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm new to this forum so thank you for having me. I'm having an issue with my bathroom lights. I have x4 MR11 3.5mm Spots. They've been...
Replies
Views
Hey, I lifted a few sockets from a wall so I could paint without having to cut in around them. I haven’t lifted any light switches yet. When...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock