Discuss Outside lights with manual override in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, looking at wiring some outside lights with PIR and manual override, what options do I have? As to the manual override can I have one switch for either sensor or perm on, or can I have sensor or off, has anyone got any drawings and are there any others ways thanks

If you supply a flood with PIR that has an override function then you’ll have a switch to supply and follow the instructions i.e turn on and off twice within 1 second keeps light on for 8 hours, turn off to cancel and reset. JCC do a 15 watt that has that function.

Timeguard LED PRO range have a remote fob (with battery) that overrides the PIR, it can be wired into a switch aswell. Needs to be a 1g switch thou or it has interference issues ! Saves having to run a separate live feed for manual override.

Timeguard LED PRO range have a remote fob (with battery) that overrides the PIR, it can be wired into a switch aswell. Needs to be a 1g switch thou or it has interference issues ! Saves having to run a separate live feed for manual override.
Nice system that - haven’t tried it yet but they’re onto a good thing with the modular add ons.

Don't see the appeal personally - sure the new fittings look a bit better but its a floodlight (so who cares). On the older version (still available) you can manually override them by turning the light on and off twice, less faff than wiring a fob into a switch, less annoying than losing the fob, and cheaper.

Hi, looking at wiring some outside lights with PIR and manual override, what options do I have? As to the manual override can I have one switch for either sensor or perm on, or can I have sensor or off, has anyone got any drawings and are there any others ways thanks

I'd take com to PIR set PIR as required and then a switch live to light (overide) if you want lights to switch on independently use 2 switches

if you have separate PIR’s you could use a three position switch,
Com-lamp
L1-perm live
L2-PIR return

On in the down position, sensor in the up position and off in the mid position

Electric infrared induction lamp, the induction lamp can be installed in the corridor, corridor and public places, to achieve people to the light, people from the light off, the static power consumption is less than 0.2w, the induction distance is 8 meters, the maximum induction Angle can reach 360 degrees.:p

Reply to Outside lights with manual override in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock