Discuss oval conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RyanCheetham

Decided to add a high socket and aerial point for a wall mounted tv in my spare bedroom today and was not looking forward to chasing a cable to spur for my socket. Decided to chase my dual box out first and half way through there he was, oval conduit. So i move my box over, perform surgery on the conduit and use one leg of cable to pull a new one up and maintaining my RFC in the process. So thanks to a thoughtful spark who first wired the house it saved me a load of mess and making good. I will be using it from now on too!

No i am not. I am fully aware of the seperation of mains and data cables. The coax runs down the other side of wall in a what used to be a riser for the old hot air system before the house had central heating fitted last year. I plan on using the riser to run all my network and dab cabling also so i am quite fortunate that it is there, as the cupboard makes a perfect housing the network switch and NAS

Ryan, you sound like quite the geek. A man after my own heart! I've just finished routing network, aerial and HDMI to each room.

Ryan, you sound like quite the geek. A man after my own heart! I've just finished routing network, aerial and HDMI to each room.
i am very much a geek. I am currently choosing a stereo setup that runs through the switch and plays in each zone (each room) and all controllable with the tablet i have decided upon a sony wifi amp for living room with a tannoy surround sound setup

Reply to oval conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, My first post so hopefully I am correct in posting it here. My question is, I am thinking of an IP rated outdoor socket for the back garden...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my electrician has...
Replies
Views
I am continuing my practising today and am trying to get 2 x 2.5mm into oval conduit. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. First of all I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
I'm having a bit of a disaster at the minute and would like an honest opinion. I am having a gas stove fitted in the corner of my room and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock