Discuss Oven controllers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have been called out to 2 problems with ovens (not the normal need to reset clock) after a power cut the oven controller screen was blank as if no power going to oven, checked them out and power to everything up to the electronics , power into that but nothing else, seems the board is dead but 2 days later it comes back to life all by its self, I then had the same happen to my oven, first time it took a day to come back second time a week, my one is a Brandt (made in France) others cheap units not sure of brand, anyone had same problem or a idea of what it is and why it comes back to life?

I haven't seen this problem with ovens but I do have a theory...

I have seen this problem a few times with electronic appliances, mostly micro processor controlled items, where they really do not like power cuts / surges and stay in non operational 'locked' state, sometimes indefinitely which is why a lot of electronic stuff used to have reset buttons

Normally resetting the power will 'reset' the memory or any locked state, ie: disconnect power completely including any backup batteries if present and leave off long enough to discharge any on board capacitors

Maybe a stupid question but have you tried a power cycle on the circuit?

As I said I haven't seen that problem in ovens but it's a possibility what i've said due to the electronics in the controller

I haven't seen this problem with ovens but I do have a theory...

I have seen this problem a few times with electronic appliances, mostly micro processor controlled items, where they really do not like power cuts / surges and stay in non operational 'locked' state, sometimes indefinitely which is why a lot of electronic stuff used to have reset buttons

Normally resetting the power will 'reset' the memory or any locked state, ie: disconnect power completely including any backup batteries if present and leave off long enough to discharge any on board capacitors

Maybe a stupid question but have you tried a power cycle on the circuit?

As I said I haven't seen that problem in ovens but it's a possibility what i've said due to the electronics in the controller
Hi thanks, I tried power cycling many times, connected both phase and neutral down to earth to fully discharge any capacitors in system (no battery) I left off for short time 5 seconds , long time 2 to 3 hours, the real question I can not work out is why does it restart in a day or so?

Reply to Oven controllers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock