Discuss Oven fan for BT2760SS range Oven in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dartlec

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience of replacing oven fans on Baumatic ovens? Landlord has a tenant with a BT2760SS range oven, which is one of the 900m wide big things, with gas hob and electric oven.

Earlier this year, just before lockdown, I bypassed the timer clock circuit which had failed and prevented the oven from working at all (the second I've had to do that on), but the oven fan has also packed up and I am struggling to find the right part.

There are lots of baumatic oven fans around, and they all look similar, but all have different model numbers - and the one I specifically want seems to be considered obselete on all the sites I check, though their model numbers are needlessly complicated it seems.

Are all Baumatic fans likely to be the same, as long as they have the right connectors?

This is the best picture I have of the back of it...

Baumatic Oven Fan.jpg

is the fan motor burnt out, or is it just stuck up with grease, or blades catching on the casing i.e. can it be fixed?

is the fan motor burnt out, or is it just stuck up with grease, or blades catching on the casing i.e. can it be fixed?
I checked the relevant voltage was present at the terminals at the back (it was) but didn't investigate the fan from inside the oven. I had the unit out to take it apart and bypass the timer circuit so took a picture because I thought it would be a simple unscrew and swap, like elements - until I started looking.

Given it's a tenant it might well be caked in grease - but are they usually fixable when they get to that stage? It certainly wasn't coming on when it should.

I try to avoid getting into appliance repair where I can and suggest a new oven to landlords since they usually fit cheap ones, but this one is a huge double range effort that's working fine otherwise, so that's not likely to be a welcome option.

It doesn't look to be the same design as the other similar model numbered Baumatic ovens.

Maybe you could get a Universal fan to fit, looking at what's fitted in the oven I suspect it's already got a universal fitted;

Last edited:
It doesn't look to be the same design as the other similar model numbered Baumatic ovens.

Maybe you could get a Universal fan to fit, looking at what's fitted in the oven I suspect it's already got a universal fitted;

Thanks - I did consider those, but wasn't sure how universal they really were - I think given the price it's probably worth trying one of those.

I've no idea if a previous one was fitted - the cooker is about 15 years old I think so it's possible.

I've no idea if a previous one was fitted - the cooker is about 15 years old I think so it's possible.

It's just that the one fitted looks very similar to the Universal and nothing like the other Baumatic ones.
Baumatic do seem to use a different model fan for each oven so it may be the design of the the fan blade is customised for each oven.

It's just that the one fitted looks very similar to the Universal and nothing like the other Baumatic ones.
Baumatic do seem to use a different model fan for each oven so it may be the design of the the fan blade is customised for each oven.
Or cynical me might think they want to ensure you have to buy a specific replacement from them :confused: (which I wouldn't mind if they actually had one available - it's only 15 years old, not 50....)

This one was the closest looking one I found that was Baumatic I think, but couldn't verify it was the right one - and at £70 didn't want to take a chance.

Are the sizes of the mountings standard enough on most ovens? I think I'll risk one of the universal ones for now and can always keep it as spare for possible future work...

Last edited:

Reply to Oven fan for BT2760SS range Oven in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net