uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Oven grill in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tony79

DIY
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

My zanussi free standing ovens grill trips the main fuse after use when switching off. It most likely an element issue?

Aico 3000
CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
SJD

SJD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
If it trips during the action of switching off, perhaps there is an issue with the switch. Some of these switches with multiple positions have plastic parts that open & close specific contacts, and the plastic can overheat/melt.

To find out, perhaps open the unit up and if nothing is obvious, start testing. I certainly wouldn't go buying random parts in the vague hope they might be the issue.

T

tony79

DIY
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it trips during the action of switching off, perhaps there is an issue with the switch. Some of these switches with multiple positions have plastic parts that open & close specific contacts, and the plastic can overheat/melt.

To find out, perhaps open the unit up and if nothing is obvious, start testing. I certainly wouldn't go buying random parts in the vague hope they might be the issue.
Will do sounds a good idea. Thank you

P

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
When you say it trips the "main fuse" is this an RCD (earth fault trip)?

Probably it is a switch issue (as already mentioned) since oven elements can be leaky (electrically speaking) so if the neutral disconnects first you can get enough to trip an RCD.

But testing is a better strategy than random replacements!

Reply to Oven grill in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom