Discuss Oven trip MCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Beeg

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m hoping someone will be able to give me some advice on my oven. Tonight I had both ovens on (as has been done on several occasions). When I went into the kitchen about 10 minutes later I noticed the oven was off and had tripped the 32Amp MCB.
I reset it at the CU and it came back on fine. The only thing I noticed was that the lamp had blown in one of the ovens. Would the fault current from this be enough to trip a 32A MCB?
The only other thing to note is that I’ve thought for a couple of weeks that one of the ovens was taking longer to cook so wondered if the element was on its way out, however this was the other oven.

I understand that’s it’s difficult to diagnose over a forum, however any guidance in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Beeg
[automerge]1573853767[/automerge]
Should have mentioned that it’s a dual oven range cooker

When filament lamps blow they do tend to trip (6 amp) MCBs. I guess if the oven happens to be drawing full load when the lamp blew the additional lamp current added to the oven current could trip a 32 amp MCB.
i've had a blown lamp take out a 16A MCB before now, in addition to 2 x 5A BS1362 fuses ( these were in series due to having 2 extension leads in series as a necessity ( timers and switching requirements for a vivarium)).

My moneys on the lamp taking out the MCB.
I had wondered that as I the MCB often trips when a pendant lamp goes, I was just unsure if the fault current would be enough to trip a 32A MCB. Everything else still seems to be working normally, the fans are working in both ovens and the top/bottom surfaces are getting hot to touch.

Reply to Oven trip MCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Seeking some thoughts on my own Omega free standing 900mm oven. Over the past year the oven has been tripping the supplying RCBO unit. I...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced my old double oven which was about 10 years old with a new model as whenever I used the top oven it tripped the electrics...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just been scratching my head about this one and wonder if I've missed anything. A few weeks ago I installed a new circuit for a 3kw oven and...
Replies
Views
I'm writing this mainly hoping something occurs to me while writing it! I got called to an occasionally tripping RCD. It's a Hager double height...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock