Discuss Oven Tripping RCD in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SKY

Got a job tomorrow on a Neff oven that trips the RCD.
The customer says it follows no pattern as some days it does trip and some days it does not.
it does not take out the MCB just RCD.
Customer says fan is running OK.
I'm suspecting the element is faulty - can anyone add any thoughts on this scenario.

Thanks

SKY

Pat test it if you can get to it (ovens switched to on), then swop the rcd's round on the CCU if you still think one might be a bit borderline on sensitivity - preferably after the ramp test!

has it got cermaic hobs? or is it just a built in oven? ive had a cooker trip the rcd when the ring or bezzel around the hobs is cracked creating earth leakage.

Is she sure its the actual Oven? it could be the circuit for the Oven?, You need to consider that also, I would take IR readings of the circuit with the Oven connected and then oven removed from the circuit, If its a single 13A then you could stick a plug on it and plug it into another circuit and take IR of that circuit, remember also just like motors on washing machines and dishwashers ect, they might not show an IR reading that might appear low enough to trip an RCD but once they get running the value will lower significantly

More or less willing to bet it is the element. I had to change a 3kw immersion heater that tripped the rcd. the tests down to earth were infinity readings & the element resistance was 19/20 ohms, text book readings in my view but it tripped the rcd everytime it was switched on. From my experience elements do this from time to time, I even switched every thing else off just to make sure leakage from other sources were not edging to wards the rcd tripping point. Oil or grease or condensation may play a part possibly, had this with a tumble dryer

Reply to Oven Tripping RCD in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock