Discuss Over voltage mcb eaton pop270 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kino88

Hi guys, i just bought a over voltage mcb model eaton pop270 together with a 2pole main switch and would like to verify how to connect it? basically the over voltage mcb connects mechanically to the main switch and trips when the incomer exceeds 230v obviously there is some tolerance. thanks

I expect it's an over voltage trip rather than an MCB.
It should have come with instructions on how to install it correctly.
Although I'm not familiar with aux modules like that working with main switches, they normally fit to MCBs or MCCBs.

I expect it's an over voltage trip rather than an MCB.
It should have come with instructions on how to install it correctly.
Although I'm not familiar with aux modules like that working with main switches, they normally fit to MCBs or MCCBs.

It is indeed a aux over voltage trip module, and will only work when attached to a protective device, ...it certainly won't operate a standard CU/DB main switch (isolator switch) on overvoltage, that's for sure!! ...lol!!

It is indeed a aux over voltage trip module, and will only work when attached to a protective device, ...it certainly won't operate a standard CU/DB main switch (isolator switch) on overvoltage, that's for sure!! ...lol!!

It is a trip device that works when connected to a 2 pole mcb. It measures the voltage between live and neutral and trips the 2 pole mcb if the voltage exceeds 230v by a percentage... It is a single module, I think that the live incomer is first passed through the the over voltage module and goes to the input of the 2 pole mcb. The neutral goes directly to the 2 pole mcb.

Attachments

• pop270.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 16
It is a trip device that works when connected to a 2 pole mcb. It measures the voltage between live and neutral and trips the 2 pole mcb if the voltage exceeds 230v by a percentage... It is a single module, I think that the live incomer is first passed through the the over voltage module and goes to the input of the 2 pole mcb. The neutral goes directly to the 2 pole mcb.
I don't like your proposed connection circuit, you really should confirm with the supplier or manufacturer before connecting it. The POP installs alongside the SP+N (2-POLE) MCB and is mechanically interlocked. The POP merely senses the L and N to establish under or over voltage, the MCB load current does not pass through it. http://www.eaton.se/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@sweden/documents/content/pct_399655.pdf Page36

Any one knows how to install eaton pop-270 O.V.R ps . Any diagram cos don't have ps.
thanks in adv
Hi Haber, welcome to the forum, just noting this thread is a few years old but been short and relative to your question Ill leave it to run.

Reply to Over voltage mcb eaton pop270 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net