Discuss owl Pv intuition in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Cutomer has asked for one of these and have never installed one to date. Are they any good?

i see you have to buy 2 different types depending on how you have wired the pv?

I have one installed at my own house. They are very easy to install and the APP/Web portal are good and give useful information. My only minor criticism is that it's not perfectly accurate but it is only for a rough idea anyway.

I have PV installed from a Henley block so used the "Type 1" kit

I have one and it does the job well for the price of the unit, mine is type 2 and I find during low generation early mornings late evenings and in winter it tends to to report higher than the inverter but at high generation it reads lower so it ends up evening out.

You could look at the geo chorus £199/£229 from amazon 2 senor 1 clamp works on the led on the solar and household meter clamp goes over live wire going in to the meter. Comes with the internet web bridge 1 power cable and you need a spare port on your router. You get a much nicer colour display. The owl display looks cheap. I am thinking ordering geo kit this week

Owls are good for the money, but as said they are not accurate, more of a guide, I believe the reason is they can not detect which way the power is flowing so at night the read the standby power as generation, therefore not so accurate in the shorter days.

But worth the money I would say

Reply to owl Pv intuition in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, We're looking at installing solar at a remote property which is on a TT system with out buildings supplied with underground cables (Stables...
Replies
Views
I had a PV system installed by a local reputable manufacturer last autumn; since then, I've received conflicting advice regarding the consumer...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
hi thank you for help in advance have a potential pv installation for a garage roof that is some 60m from the main house (main incomer in the...
Replies
Views
I have a small Pv farm 5KW. Some months ago inverter started to measure low Riso<1MΩhm (0.8). I tried to test each string alone and with one the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock