Discuss P-touch/brother labelling machine upgrading in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

Welchyboy

my other p-touch standard labeller has finally given up the ghost and i was looking of upgrading to the PT - 7500VP electricians label printer, looks really good, is it worth the ££, anyone got one, or one of the others?

I've got one - brilliant bit of kit. Capable of so much more than I use it for, but it will even print out your own logo's etc, store PAT test data.... haven't found the 'tea, white with two, please' function but I'm sure it's in there as well.

Think mine cost me about £100-120 with a couple of tapes, and tapes are around the £10 each mark but last for ages.

They are excellent mate, I would not be without mine. In my opinion you have selected the best model, it's not worth paying the extra for the PT7600 with the rechargable battery pack. A mate has the PT7600 and he's always having to charge the batteries when wants to use it, where as my PT7500 is always ready for use and it doesn't 'eat' it's alkaline batteries.

That's interesting, as it's the 7600 I've got, and I never get any trouble with battery life at all. In fact, it seems to go for ages in between charges.

Check out 3M. They do a machine with similar capabilities, but much easier to do labels without wasting tape. I find the Brother (PT7600) very hard to program to make efficient use of tape. For every label printed, I end up wasting the same amount of tape. The 3M machine also has a better graphical screen so you get a better idea of what you have asked it to print. On the Brother it is easy to end up with text wrong size etc. Maybe I don't use mine enough to know it well enough, but I always find it a struggle to get the label I want. Wish I had bought the 3M machine now.

check out 3m. They do a machine with similar capabilities, but much easier to do labels without wasting tape. I find the brother (pt7600) very hard to program to make efficient use of tape. For every label printed, i end up wasting the same amount of tape. The 3m machine also has a better graphical screen so you get a better idea of what you have asked it to print. On the brother it is easy to end up with text wrong size etc. Maybe i don't use mine enough to know it well enough, but i always find it a struggle to get the label i want. Wish i had bought the 3m machine now.

rtfm ???!

I have the 7600 , battery life is good, excellent machine, 24mm tape isnt cheap which i use for consumer/db labelling but then none of them are.

I got the rhino 6000 a month ago; what I like about it is that the labels can be designed on a laptop and viewed prior to printing, auto text size and fixed label length and easily sorted different types of labels. Not cheap but if it gives the right label first time it saves me time (money) and tape (money)

Mm food for thought there lads will have to have a look around, I don't think I'll need anything too complicated or advanced though tbh

I find the Brother (PT7600) very hard to program to make efficient use of tape. For every label printed, I end up wasting the same amount of tape.

If you're doing a series of labels from one tape, when it says "feed tape" or something similar, hit the "no" button (x). Then print the next label and cut the tape when it tells you to. You don't waste any tape except for the last label.

If you're doing a series of labels from one tape, when it says "feed tape" or something similar, hit the "no" button (x). Then print the next label and cut the tape when it tells you to. You don't waste any tape except for the last label.

I never knew that! And it's an annoying waste otherwise.

Can't comment on the Brother, but bought a Dymo ILP machine about seven years ago. Early this year it gave up the ghost (totally dead). Rang Dymo support who said return it for repair and even paid the postage. Few days later I received a brand new Rhino model complete with a few tapes and PC software.

Dymo = A1+ in my book

That's interesting, as it's the 7600 I've got, and I never get any trouble with battery life at all. In fact, it seems to go for ages in between charges.
That's most interesting that yourself and Jumpin jax get good battery life from the rechargable pack ... I'll pass that on to my mate. Maybe his battery pack is on the way out. He bought his printer secondhand on Fleabay and it's previous history is unknown, so it's a distinct possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to P-touch/brother labelling machine upgrading in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock