Discuss p v panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Which pv panels would you recommend andwhere is the best place to get the stats on any pv panel:D?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know of a site which compares the stats on each panel (although one would be handy) but you can check the stats on the data sheets which are normally found on the manufacturers website.

Personally, I'd recommend the Sanyo panels. They're the best - and the most expensive. If money is tight then I'd recommend Suntech panels - their stats are impressive and they're excellent value.

I've been comparing BP 4 series with Sanyo recently and BP have been coming out significantly higher under the same conditions and are quite a bit cheaper than Sanyo. I'm using PVSOL for comparison - any thoughts ??????? Obviously you need a bigger roof space but other than that I can't find a down side. We're installing some Sanyo's today again but this batch don't look as good, the cells haven't been matched very well and there's quite a variation in colour.

Think I'm going to have to get them from Cleaner Air - rubbish service but decent prices. Just have to plan delivery well in advance of fitting...

My Sanyo 3.76 (16 x 235) with fronius 35 gives me 3358. BP 185 3.7kwp (20 x 185) gives me 3354 almost the same for a lot less and 3.7kwp and if I go up to 21 x 185 I get 3500. I could be doing something wrong - I'm using Pro and SAP 2009 figures because I haven't any other reliable data but the climate data shouldn't make a huge difference anyway because it's the same for each panel and it's the difference between the 2 we're debating. Interestingly Day 4 provide 3.76 and 3400kwh. Does this sound right to you?

Are you using the same inverter with each set up? Something just doesn't seem quite right to me with those figures. I've not been able to find anything that matches Sanyo for performance in PVSol. Not even close in fact.

Identical inverter - I know what you mean - it seems odd to me too. I'm not saying I'm right but that's what's coming up when I do the calcs ...

@ SRE @ BiggsSolar

I've got a job that needs the output from the Sanyos (tight roof space) who have you found are the best suppliers or am I gonna have to deal with Segen?

Reply to p v panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net