Discuss Panasonic 240 HIT in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just had our first order of Panasonic 240 SE10's solar panel order this year ! at the 16p rate so things are looking up

Dam good panels those Panasonic 240 SE10 ?

what you guy think

I liked the Sanyos/Panasonics last year. Can fit the N series where not much else will fit. We did a lot of them untill we became Sunpower Partners.

I like the sunpower technology more, no visible wiring etc, if you're willing to pay for the best, get the best, they are very similarly priced. The Sanyo N series look just the same as a conventional panel, the Sunpower are unique.

That said they were both good value last year in the right circumstances, even at nearly twice the price as they currently are. This year it's a struggle to view them as value where they're priced. Last year it was worth paying a bit extra for another 800Wp, this year its marginal.

We recently had a customer come to us asking secifically for a Sanyo quote which we delivered as requested. He went for a ZNshine system with an inverter i've never heard of by a competitor of ours... Last year the brand had some clout, its a lot easier to convince someone not to go for Sanyo this year it seems...

I think you've done well...

Haven't sold Sanyo/Panasonic since March and I don't expect to. Great panel but very, very difficult to sell at 16p. You'll have to tell us your secret ;-)

We have recently fitted a 4kWp Sanyo/panasonic system. There will always be people who want to fit the best panels and are willing to pay a premium. The customer worked in the energy sector and had done a lot of his own calculations on payback periods including rising electricity prices and was happy with the payback period.

I think Sanyo/Panasonic panels will always have a place due to the smaller size.

Tom

Panasonic solar panels / Sanyo solar panels - you just get those people out there that would walk in a shop and buy the most expensive thing in it . same goes with panasonic I guess.

Reply to Panasonic 240 HIT in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock