Discuss PANASONIC DRILLS? Anyone use them? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi are you an electrician? Just asking as I bought an impact driver recently but never use it, I think it is more suited to a joiner. Most electricians I know use a combi drill and a drill driver. That way you drill your hole with the combi, plug it and then fix using the driver without having to change bits etc. I am unsure wether you can use (or would need to) impact drivers with rawlplugs.

Alternativly a combination of an SDS and driver would be useful.

My plumber mate uses Panasonic and has for years, he says the batteries are the best in the business.

My m8 has got the lith panasonic set your looking at he says the batteries last for ever and the overall weight is very good. Personally I have used their old 12 volt ni cad stuff and was very impressed with the build and size excelent balance as well. I would say going for the combi would depend on what kind of walls you drill into most drilling hard brick with a combi is just painfully slow and the batteries last 5 seconds and you would be better off going with a cordless SDS. If however you are mainly drilling fixings into breeze a combi would be ideal. Cheers

Hi are you an electrician? Just asking as I bought an impact driver recently but never use it, I think it is more suited to a joiner. Most electricians I know use a combi drill and a drill driver. That way you drill your hole with the combi, plug it and then fix using the driver without having to change bits etc. I am unsure wether you can use (or would need to) impact drivers with rawlplugs.

My plumber mate uses Panasonic and has for years, he says the batteries are the best in the business.

got bought an impact driver and there a bit brutal for our line of work so it sits in the van most of the time.

Panasonic are very underated drills the batteries are very good, one of the few brands that make thier own batteries.
Very reliable, when i was on site i used to always have a combi drill but when you look at it, how many times do you actually use the hammer function?? you would be better off using a 24v for drilling and a drill driver for the rest, using the combi for drilling will eat the batteries faster than a plumber with a fry up, also buying a drill driver will save ££s
Look on roundstooldistribution.co.uk we have a hitachi 24v drill for £199.99 ex vat and drill drivers at very competitive prices (shameless plug)

Last edited by a moderator:
im taking a long hard look at the 28.8v sds at the moment, i need a new sds but ive always had bosch and was going to go for a 36v compact as id only use it for genral use, anything brutal and the 110v comes out. but that panasonic drills has lots of nice touches but ive never come across anyone using panasonic so dont know how they hold up

Thats the thing with Panasonic, i have only sold a few of these because people overlook them, but the ones have sold have had good reviews.
36v is very expensive and and heavy, like you say anything brutal out comes the 110v which is designed for the job.
In my opinion go for a 2 mode sds cordless drill and a 110v chisel, if you can.

Just another drill to lug around, then you come up against a large hole and have to go and get the bigger one ;) Your right though should do for reds.

I agree as i have noticed some other sparks going on about impact drivers and i cant think of any job i do were i would need one. i wonder could you get a flat screwdriver bit small enough to go into the terminals of a ceiling rose and use the impact driver for that::D:D

Just another drill to lug around, then you come up against a large hole and have to go and get the bigger one ;) Your right though should do for reds.

thing is i do alot of big new build sites so dont need to lug a big sds about. then again im decideing between one of these and the bosch 36v compact.

Hi guys personally bosch is the best for 24v or 36 v i have used,
and i also have a panasonic which i cant say a bad word about either. and as far as people not using impacts in electrical work is crazy , i got a free makita lith as part of a bulk set and thought i didnt need it but how wrong i was, i leave my screwdriver bit in it all day and never loose it as i dont change it constantly for a 20mm hole cutter, the 20mm cutter it in my combi, also when we install tray trunking into concrete and on stub we use the impact to screw in the hex nuts and bolts quicker than any rachet spanner.

Reply to PANASONIC DRILLS? Anyone use them? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net