Discuss Panel Convert 230 - 24v in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Corvus

Hi all

Just been asked about if I can make a replacment panel for a company. The old butchered panel is 240v control.

Is there any rule of thumb or so to work out what size of transformer to use to convert it down to 24vac.

I have know idea how much power contactors,relays and indicator leds take.

There will be 15 or so contactors with about 9 Led panel lights with some e/stop relays.

any ideas ?

The info is available from the control gear manufacturers website, If stocked then RS components/ Farnell data sheets are a good source too! So basically you need to know whos gear you're going to use and take it from there.

Last edited:
Hi all Just been asked about if I can make a replacment panel for a company. The old butchered panel is 240v control. Is there any rule of thumb or so to work out what size of transformer to use to convert it down to 24vac. I have know idea how much power contactors,relays and indicator leds take. There will be 15 or so contactors with about 9 Led panel lights with some e/stop relays. any ideas ?
can you show a pic of the old(opened up) panel?

Reply to Panel Convert 230 - 24v in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can you provide more information about the brightness/intensity of the U 64 LED Matrix Panel from AZ-Delivery? Specifically, what is the maximum...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a little experience with most types of household wiring through a decade of DIY remodeling, and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am fitting a Telecom 8 Compact burglar alarm system to a boat. The boat has both nominal 12v DC supply (ie up to 14.2 v when engine...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock