Discuss Panel Mods + Drawings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

I do the occasional small mod in control panels to improve processes (I work in the water industry) So in doing so I leave some basic drawings, but I just wondered if the ones I`m leaving behind are actually useful to someone following me behind. Essentially I want to ask the question, if the drawings are suitable, readable etc. Most of all if I could do something better? I know this will be hard to answer but do your worst :p

These are quick 20-30 mins drawings they aren`t meant to be super detailed just to give someone a rough idea what i`ve done so they can fault find.

I haven`t done this mod yet so can`t provide any pictures which i can upload in the next few days when i get round to it. Also i`ve not quite finished it the drawing etc.

Just a small intro:

There is a sump that needs to be emptied into the process, (pumped) it is allowed to once the flow is less than 1 l/s and will stop if the flow is greater than 3.5 l/s (There are more controls to this panel Ultrasonic etc I`m merely adding this process interlock)

R1 Closes when flow is less than 1 l/s
R2 Opens when flow is greater than 3.5 l/s

Flow less than 1 l/s. R1 energizes, which then energizes SRIR

Flow increases past 1 l/s R1 de-energizes, but SRIR is held in via R2.

DON1 is triggered by SRIR, 15s elapses and DON1 Closes which energizes DR2.

DR2 is a part of auto-start controls.

Does that make sense?

I`d be interested to what you think, hope I have explained this well enough.

Really appreciate some comments.

Cheers
WS

Attachments

• Storm Return drawing.pdf
    127.7 KB · Views: 44
You have only provided a layout that shows you 1 control layer, you also need to provide details of how the relays are triggered in a wiring format, you schematic only shows the switch state of the relays etc and not how the coils are energised.

I have no trouble following it with your opening post explanation but we are quite a few pages missing here.

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply, Are you refering to R1&R2, they are internal relays of the analogue isolator so I wouldnt draw them. Are you talking about the actual wiring schematic, that is missing? i.e of how it is connected up physically? I`m not quite sure i`m interpreting what you are saying exactly.

Analogue Isolators is a term that covers several areas, the ones I use would take in an analogue signal input and read it then generate a seperate analogue signal output with no electrical contact to the Analogue in signal, this is often done where floating voltages may exist and need to be isolated for user safety if say the user was operating a pot' (signals can be 24v but floating to earth can be 230v.).

Just re-reading your post, I missed that these were some kind of threshold relays so hence my confusion, I take it you either have 1 dual or 2 single units similar to link.

1SVR040011R2500 - CC-U/STDR | ABB, Filter Analogue Dual Level Relay, | ABB

Your 2 relays shown R1 & R2 should give info as to how they operate, even if integral to a control device like above.
I can follow the delay timer and its function to and what activates it but you have no schematic info on the relays they should be shown on either one or two seperate lines on their own (1 or 2 devices dependent) if permanently powered with the flow threshold setting if a known constant or a min/max address if user/installer variable. As it stands you only reference R1 and R2 as a generic device and give no info as to what they do and/or how they are controlled or set.

Last edited:

Reply to Panel Mods + Drawings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net