Discuss panels 6 inches above ridge in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

powervan

Saw this today front roof u can just see top of panels above ridge about 7" and this side is (just above) no point in having a gutter on that job:) photo (13).JPG

shakey hands?

looks tight, but the angle can sometimes play tricks so wouldn't want to comment from that photo.

We were doing an install a while back where we could see 2 rent a roof jobs from our roof, which had gone literally right up to the edge of the roof at both sides, possibly even overhanging, and in a pretty exposed location. I'd not be surprised at all to see those roofs getting ripped off at some stage unless they've done some serious reinforcing of the roof structure.

At least I assume they were rent a roofers work as there were 3 in total along the road, with identical panels, mounting kit etc.

they are above ridge! solar thermal on side and front roofs plus 8 panels front and side !! whats rules if they go above ridge PLANNING? (let alone bad practice)

sorry phone camera not good!! all i had but if u click on photo its a bit better!! u can see what u need to very top of roof u can see the top edge of front array but i bet they clever and its just under 200mm!!! not that it shud be done in first place!!

l
It must be hard to take a clear photo if you are laughing so much...

LOL i was trying to visualise it in a nice COTSWOLD village instead of a council estate! thing is next door has it fitted (black panels 2 lots of 6 on each roof) but when this is next door it dont matter that they have nice job!!it just gives the solar industry a bad name!!

100_3032 resize.jpg and one more...... I was working one the right hand property, on our second day we had neighbours! According to our client there were 6 guys on the roof at 8pm (november 2011) arguing about who was going down to get the torch!! They subsequently left broken tiles and cut a svp off that was in the way of a module. Scarey but true. Does anyone else use mobile towers instead of fixed scaffolding?!

great idea but they just look so bloody ugly sat on the roof, i would have thought any firm having fellers up on a roof would have a propper scaff built and not use a mobile one,,,

we have used tower scaffolds for 1 house, however we have 4 full rigs as contractors, and used 3 in total side by side covering the whole area of work.

You cannot always rely on scaffolders, so its a good job we have our own backup plan. But technically with towers and proper equipment, and as long as you have done a risk and method there would be no problem. but in general we use towers for bungalows etc.

I dont know why any company would do any of these installs they must like picking up panels when the wind rips them off...as for the inverter on the south side on the wall ugly and stupid..??????

mackers - were they blown off and neighbours roof and landed like that on the house .......

I assume a Dead Zone 300mm around the whole roof to give me a workable area ! Towers are handy for low roofs and backup !!

Reply to panels 6 inches above ridge in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net