SuperlecDirect - Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Paper Work in the Business Related area at



Welcome to - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

In the process of gathering paper work for my assesment. I was wonering what paper work you guys keep and what you show to the assor when being assessed anually.

As i understand i need the following.

IEE 17th Book
IEE 17th On-site Guide
EWR 1989 Memorandom (blue book)
H&S At work act saftey policy (dont think we need this as we dont have 5 or more emploies)
2Million Public Insurance certificate
Risk Assessment paper work for jobs displaying
Certificates for jobs completed
Drawings for jobs completed
Contracts for Jobs
Invoice's for Jobs
Part P Building regs paperwork

Anything i missed?

Few questions i have about the above if anyone could help i would be greatfull.

Risk assessments - Would would you add to those for day to day jobs such as adding new sockets or cu swap, adding outside light or a re-wire. Any examples?

What paperwork do you put together for each job. I know most fill out a cert for the work carried out such as minor works or electrical installation cert but what type of drawings do you make/provide. Ive started to use grid paper and do a rought layout of the floors and where things are installed such as sockets and light & swicth points and what they controll. Is this enough ?

Dont normally do contracts, just submit quotes and invoices on completion. Anyone using contracts and what should they consit of?

Again many thanks for taking the time guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members


  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #2
You should also have a complaints log and calibration certs for your testers.

Risk assessments should be completed for any work.

No need to do drawings. Just cert and invoice.

I only use contracts on large jobs, rewires etc, where there is a fairly high cost involved.

not clever

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
If going with NICEIC you'll need health & safety policy, even if you are a one man band.
You'll also need a complaints log, even if you've not had any complaints from customers.
Last assessment I was also asked to provide a list of completed works & associated cert numbers.


  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #4
Oh, i was told i needed to do drawings for any works etc. Would save time for sure if there not needed :)

I have made a complaints log in word and also a contract for works that i can show.

How about Risk Assessments. What do i need to put on there?


Reply to Paper Work in the Business Related area at

Top Bottom