Discuss Paperclip Software Yes / No / Something else? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
We're looking to update some of our procedures to reduce the time overhead in quotations and hand over paperwork, so looking at what's available. (Easy MCS not even in the frame !!)

I Know a few of you tried it and some had the free trial and some any early adopter discount

Is anyone still using it?

What is the real benefit?

How much has it saved you on time and or admin costs?

Would you recommend it?

What else is out there?

@The Solar King
Thats exactly what we are doing at the moment!!
Really looking for a slicker way to cut down the time overheads

CompletePicture? / Paperclip? ...

tying your entire business to another relatively small companies software seems like madness to me.

As does having identical quotes to other companies.

tying your entire business to another relatively small companies software seems like madness to me.

As does having identical quotes to other companies.

I think you will find that paper clip is little more than generic quoting tool, packed with lots of features including automatic g83 submission to DNO as well as full calculations included.

I personally believe that people buy from people, a quote or bit of paper is just the compliance; we use the software to organise the business not just to quote, take a look at it I think you will be surprised. Eco Hill won installer of the year with RECC, he uses paper clip!

I think you will find that paper clip is little more than generic quoting tool, packed with lots of features including automatic g83 submission to DNO as well as full calculations included.

I personally believe that people buy from people, a quote or bit of paper is just the compliance; we use the software to organise the business not just to quote, take a look at it I think you will be surprised. Eco Hill won installer of the year with RECC, he uses paper clip!
my point stands.

if you think tying your entire business to a single small software provider is a sensible move......... have you credit checked them lately?

RECC don't know their arse from their elbow, but as long as the paperwork is all nicely compliant I guess that's what counts for them, and I expect paperclip will at least do that ok.

ps virtually every customer or potential customer tells us our quotes are by far the most comprehensive and informative they've received. I'd agree that people buy from installers rather than on the quote alone, but having a good detailed quote can only help to back that impression up.

Hi all
my package is up with easy MCS & am looking at trying to stream line things, is the paper clip or anything else easier to use, I must admit it is not our main core business we don't even advertise solar, what I will say is the last job I did last year I won the job for £600.00 more because I sent the full quote.
Customer rang me & mentioned the other firm & they were using same inverter different panels but giving 10 years warranty on inverter & cover insurance. So I just mentioned why are you ringing us go with the other quote, he mentioned that they had just jotted theirs down on a piece of paper & I had done a full breakdown quote, when he mentioned the £600 I asked him to read through the quote & when he got to our labour bit for the electrical works he agreed if we took £600 out would not be much point in doing the job & so we got it.
Any ideas on changing to paper clip ?
Would say we have a lot coming up in next couple of months on new builds so would be nice to get it sorted

Our Quotation and PV Estimates run to 25 pages and are tailored for each customer.

The software I use to produce them is:

Goggle Earth
Sketchup
Encraft
MS Word
Adobe Acrobat
SunTracker

For our annual pv estimate I find the online software written by Encraft to be the easiest and most straightforward.

my point stands.

if you think tying your entire business to a single small software provider is a sensible move......... have you credit checked them lately?

RECC don't know their arse from their elbow, but as long as the paperwork is all nicely compliant I guess that's what counts for them, and I expect paperclip will at least do that ok.

ps virtually every customer or potential customer tells us our quotes are by far the most comprehensive and informative they've received. I'd agree that people buy from installers rather than on the quote alone, but having a good detailed quote can only help to back that impression up.

I think we are talking about a different company, I have just credit check them and seems that 'very credit worthy' in the report. I know that this company is quite a large supplier to a northwest university, talking to them recently they also write software for a large retail company in Spain. It's horses for courses, I was merely pointing out that opinions can be obscured and the original question was about the software not the company. After all not every Sparky is great with paperwork and a quoting machine, some just want to get on with it and not spend hours completing a telephone book quote.

Can't really comment on RECC, just know that they are there and you pay them money to follow the rules :)

I just wanted to get my spin on the conversation and don't want to get into a debate, it was just my view on what I do. So I assume the thread ends here!

Reply to Paperclip Software Yes / No / Something else? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock