Discuss Paperwork for bathroom lights and sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Teppy

I hope this isn't off-topic here, but I wonder if anyone can help me with a quick question please?

If an electrician adds additional lights or shaver socket to a bathroom, is there any paperwork I (the customer) should receive? And if so, should it come directly from the electrician, or via the govt/council or some other body?

Cheers

ANY electrical changes as you describe should be "supported" by a certificate and in some instances a Part P notification too.

What exactly have you had done.

There are also some mandatory checks / upgrades to the circuit(s) that are required too.

Hope this helps

You should receive a minor works certificate if existing circuits have been altered. This may be in the form of a multi circuit certificate or a certificate for each altered circuit. These include test results to display that the circuits have been tested and verified as safe. This would be issued by the electrician.

You may also need a building control compliance certificate if any work has been carried out within the zones of a bathroom. This requirement is specific to England. This would be issued by the local building control office, or on their behalf by an electricians competent person scheme.
BathZonesSml.jpg

Reply to Paperwork for bathroom lights and sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm looking for some advice please. I'm not an electrician but have employed a registered qualified one to do some work for me and want to...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views
I decided not to tackle installing an extractor fan in our bathroom myself but to get in a professional. I checked with Building Control and they...
Replies
Views
Hi all Got a question regarding HMO compliance. Visited property today for landlord looking to apply for an HMO license for one of their...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock