Discuss parallel feeds in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

benji

-
Arms
Reaction score
when testing parallel feeds (say 2x4c70mm) do you have to separately test each cable or test them both connected together as this is the way they will be used
yours benji

I test together. As you say this is how they are used. For peace of mind I also do a continuity check, down each pair, with one set of ends coupled, but that's just me:eek:

yeah as we have about 8 sets of parallel feed upto 185mm we would ground one end to id. each cable but for recordable test readings ie. ins.&cont ect there seems to be mixed feelings whether to test individualy or combined i'm for combined as your loop &psc will be taken when the 2 cables are one,must confess i don't know which is the correct way or what difference it would make
yours benji

I think it's horses for courses a bit and each to their own.

The parallel cables, to me, represent one feed and so are tested accordingly. A site where this was done was used as an assessment review example and received no adverse comments so I guess it's ok.

Anybody else got any thoughts?

Agree with TT. Surely it is the conditions of use that determines the prospective fault currents and the circuit's ultimate performance under fault conditions so that's how any system (electrical or otherwise) should be assessed i.e. in its normal/designed working condition and configuration.

Reply to parallel feeds in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
I am installing some driveway lights. The customer wants to be able to switch them on from t he house, but also have a PIR at the driveway...
Replies
Views
I needed to illuminate our dark side walk at the house. I have used two PIRs wired in parallel which switch four LED lights. The idea is no matter...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock