Discuss "Park Homes" any experience of PV Installation ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

HelloPercy

Guys,

Im fairly sure some of the Park home type lodges have there own electricity supply etc. Does anyone have any experience of fitting PV to them and would they qualify for FIT, i assume they would ? Thanks Percy

OFGEM don't like caravans or boats but should be OK with a park home as long as the unit isn't on wheels and has its own postal address and MPAN.

If there is a private wire then each park home may not be considered a separate site as there is only one MPAN - for the site owner. It is something that DECC are supposed to be addressing.

Someone else posted the same question in another thread on this forum. I made the following points there:

If there's a dedicated supply, provided by an electricity supplier, with a dedicated MPAN for each 'home', then I don't see any problems in terms of the FiT.
If there's a single/three phase supply to the site with appropriate meters and then subsequential meters, which are owned by the site operator, then things get a little more sticky because a) you'd have to get the site operator to agree to the FiT being paid to the person owning the PV system (the FiT scheme can accomodate such arrangements) b) this arrangement gets more difficult if other home owners on the site also decide they wish to install solar - it'll become messy keeping track of who gets how much of the FiT payment c) additional installations will be considered to be all part of a single installation for FiT purposes because there's only a single supply as far as the DNO is concerned.
Something else you need to consider is where you might install the panels - I doubt a park home roof would be suitable. Ground mount perhaps?

Reply to "Park Homes" any experience of PV Installation ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net