Discuss Part name in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi

I have a tv with a moulded short plug. The below picture shows the clips attached to the board.

I have a longer cable I intend to use but can't reuse this clip. Could you tell me the name of it :)

Part name 20210123_123051 - EletriciansForums.net

Attachments

• Part name 20210123_123051 - EletriciansForums.net
    20210123_123051.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 3
It looks a bit like one of the Molex connectors, but they (at least the ones i have used) don't have an insert that is boxed like that, they are just spring contacts for one side of the pin. for example:
But maybe it is something like this:
there are literally hundreds of variations, you need to check if there is any part number on the plastic bit and/or check dimensions accurately.

It looks a bit like one of the Molex connectors, but they (at least the ones i have used) don't have an insert that is boxed like that, they are just spring contacts for one side of the pin. for example:
But maybe it is something like this:
there are literally hundreds of variations, you need to check if there is any part number on the plastic bit and/or check dimensions accurately.
Thanks. Its from a JVC LT-50CF890 TV.

Its the molded plug end that connects to the board.

The cable is only short so I'm looking to extend. I can get them metal bits out but they are crimped to well to undo

As has been said, there are hundreds of variations. Are you any good with a soldering iron? You could solder the new cable directly to the pins on the PCB

Ok thanks. Had a look on ebay and seems to be lots that look the same like the below.. is there a name for the cable rather than the white bit?

As above, there are hundreds of similar-but different versions, each of which is incompatible with the others and needs its own crimp tool. If you can get the OEM's cable assembly with the connector already fitted, do that and save yourself a headache.

As above, there are hundreds of similar-but different versions, each of which is incompatible with the others and needs its own crimp tool. If you can get the OEM's cable assembly with the connector already fitted, do that and save yourself a headache.
Thanks. I got hold of one the same but blue and brown were reversed and it was short.

I have used a small junction box to connect brown to blue and now all seems good

Reply to Part name in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock