Discuss Part p and signing off work in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sparky5rob

Hi I'm a qualified spark with my 2391, a friend has asked me to test and sign off an extension he is building. Does any1 know where I stand? Do I have to have part p?

Thanks

ideally you would be a member of elecsa, napit, or the other one. failing which, some planning authorities allow for inspoection of the work in the planning application. best to contact building control for the area and ask if they will accept you as competent.

DONT sign off any work you have not carried out yourself. If you do you are legally responsible for that install,your friend should contact LABC and ask what they will accept if your friend cant test and cert himself.
It may be that they will accept a PIR from a registered electrician.

If he has had planning permission, there is no need to notify the works, as he will have paid the fees which cover all parts of the building regs. He will have to supply Electrical Installation Certificate to the building inspector to get his completion certificate. So if you are supervising the work then there should be no problem doing what you intend to do. I have done several jobs like this where i have supervised to work from start to finish.

Cheers........Howard

Reply to Part p and signing off work in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock