Discuss Part P assessment coming up with Elecsa. Some questions if you can help. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

My Assessment is Oct 26th, and have just got a few questions rattling away in my little old head. Any help would be gratefully received.

I have channged the CU in my house and tested it along with completing the cert. Is this ok to put to the inspector?
Have also put in a radial socket (from an existing radial by the way) is this ok aswell???
Will the inspector need to look at any other work in a different property. I don't do other work apart from my house as i am not Part P registered!
Should i have informed building control about these works?
In the Elecsa pack, can i just fill out there RA and H&S forms that they sent me?
It says the assessment takes 3 hours...generally how long did yours take?
Is it PASS/FAIL assessment?

Currently PAYE, but hoping to start my own business when i get my part p registration. It's only taken me 15 years to do this!!!
MANY THANKS,

NICEIC stipulates that you present one major job and one minor job and these jobs should be at two different properties not more than 30 minutes apart. Assessment takes around 3 hours.

The documents you should have on you are:

1. Part-P document (latest edition)
  2. Risk Assessment document
  3. Complaint procedure and record of complaints you have dealt with.
  4. Copy invoices given to clients
  5. Filled-in form for the jobs you present
  6. Proof of meter calibration (annual)
  7. Record of monthly checks on your meter (reading taken using a CAL Card)
  8. Memorandum of guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
  9. and ofcourse all the books including the BRB / GRB

And probably some more… others may add to it. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Goody, I'm hoping to go for NIC registration soon but I'm not sure what number 7 is all about. Can you shed some light please?

My Assessment is Oct 26th, and have just got a few questions rattling away in my little old head. Any help would be gratefully received.

I have channged the CU in my house and tested it along with completing the cert. Is this ok to put to the inspector?
Have also put in a radial socket (from an existing radial by the way) is this ok aswell???
Will the inspector need to look at any other work in a different property. I don't do other work apart from my house as i am not Part P registered!
Should i have informed building control about these works?
In the Elecsa pack, can i just fill out there RA and H&S forms that they sent me?
It says the assessment takes 3 hours...generally how long did yours take?
Is it PASS/FAIL assessment?

Currently PAYE, but hoping to start my own business when i get my part p registration. It's only taken me 15 years to do this!!!
MANY THANKS,

I have never had to present invoices they are my business, as far as 6 & 7 are concerned its one or the other not both & whats "all the books" I have only ever been asked for the current bs7671. The one you forgot was your insurance cert.

Reply to Part P assessment coming up with Elecsa. Some questions if you can help. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net