Discuss part p assessment in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi There, I have the nice mean from Elecsa coming to see me soon to see if I'm a Cp. Hopefully thats competent person and not complete pillock.Has anyone recently had a visit from them and can give me a few pointers on what sort of questions they ask.Any help would be appreciated.Cheers

If you visit their website, there are details on what's expected of you. This includes keeping up to date records of the electrical tests you have carried out, having the proper test equipment complete with calibration certs, have ALL the books required such as 17th Edition regs, on-site guide, electricity at work regs, erection methods, a copy of schedule `P` (downloaded off their site) and have enough public liability insurance.

The assessors aren't there to trip you up - just guide you through what's required and to make sure you know what you're talking about. I had my re-assessment in June (3rd year in ELECSA), and took my assessor to a recent rewire I'd completed. Just needed to take some sockets and switches off so he could see if back-boxes were earthed properly, that sleeving was in place where required and that rubber grommets were fitted to the cable entries. Then showed him how to do a Ze and PSC test, a couple of questions answered and then back to my place for a cuppa.

If there are a couple of niggles during your assessment, if you remedy them there and then, there's no problem.

If you visit their website, there are details on what's expected of you. This includes keeping up to date records of the electrical tests you have carried out, having the proper test equipment complete with calibration certs, have ALL the books required such as 17th Edition regs, on-site guide, electricity at work regs, erection methods, a copy of schedule `P` (downloaded off their site) and have enough public liability insurance.

The assessors aren't there to trip you up - just guide you through what's required and to make sure you know what you're talking about. I had my re-assessment in June (3rd year in ELECSA), and took my assessor to a recent rewire I'd completed. Just needed to take some sockets and switches off so he could see if back-boxes were earthed properly, that sleeving was in place where required and that rubber grommets were fitted to the cable entries. Then showed him how to do a Ze and PSC test, a couple of questions answered and then back to my place for a cuppa.

If there are a couple of niggles during your assessment, if you remedy them there and then, there's no problem.

Jurassic,

I take it you are happy with them then? Would you recommend??

More than happy. If you're apprentice trained like I was, they take this and your years of experience into consideration and don't force you to bring your qualifications up to date except for having completed a regulations top-up course recently.

Many thanks for that, I'm glad you are happy with them. I have done several courses over the last year and the tutors all seem to be recommending them.They are always available to speak to and even when busy they even phone you back and that was before I joined.Couldn't even get nic to as far as answering the phone.

I my annual elecsa assesment this week the guy was great he checked my paper work and liability insurance and calibration of my tester then ast me to open the dis board that i installed in a customers house he looked inside and had me do a zs,ze and rcd test then i we had a descusion on a few things i wanted to ask him and that was it he was there to help and recomend things to me more than to pick holes i had a positive experience and would recomend elecsa to anyone looking to celf cert work under part p.

Well I've had my assessment now from elecsa and have to agree completely with you welsh sparky.If you have all the paperwork in place ,know your testing and part p(no surprise there) then you shouldn't have any probs. They obviously have a format that they use as mine was pretty much the same as your's.On my experience so far I would recommend Elecsa to anyone.

Reply to part p assessment in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock