Discuss Part P Classification in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else had heard this rumour. I did my 17th Edition 1st Amendment and the instructor informed us there are plans afoot for Part P to be extended to both Commercial and Industrial sectors. Is this just his imagination or a reality

I think the powers that be need to concentrate on enforcing the domestic sector before worrying about commercial and industrial.
If there are these plans then I haven't heard them.

Last edited:
I thought the methodolgy/logic was make something work effectively before applying it to cover other areas!!!! First I've heard of it.

Well they could do it but they cannot even Police the domestic side of the coin so how on earth would they enforce commercial too?

It won't happen in my opinion, you only have to look at the reasons why Part P was introduced into DWELLINGS in the first place.

Even if it was introduced I bet it would be a separate "Part P Commercial" tag which would mean ANOTHER registration/assessment and FEE

Unless it's part of some cunning plan to grind our country to a complete halt. Almost there now. Anyone want to buy a County or two !

Hi Can anybody help me in getting around this Forum.As you have probably guessed im new to the forum,anyhow how do you create a new post,initially just to introduce myself. cheers

Hi Can anybody help me in getting around this Forum.As you have probably guessed im new to the forum,anyhow how do you create a new post,initially just to introduce myself. cheers
From the main page when you log in there is a list of sub forums to access, if you go into one of these (say New member Introductions) then at the top left of the page is a "post new thread" button, click this and a new thread will open that you can enter text and then submit thread.

Sounds about right for creating more chaos on top of chaos to keep somebody in a job so instead of saying this is wrong but that means admitting they were wrong so with another 10-15 years in the industry why not cause even more chaos then you can say dont blame me.

PS Part P is not valid up here

Just wondered if anyone else had heard this rumour. I did my 17th Edition 1st Amendment and the instructor informed us there are plans afoot for Part P to be extended to both Commercial and Industrial sectors. Is this just his imagination or a reality
It's been mooted, but is unlikely to be put into place.

Reply to Part P Classification in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock